Thursday, July 25, 2013

In Which I Set a Goal

So, I just saw this list on Jeju Weekly (one of the foreigner newspapers on the island, and I think the most popular one) and I decided I should totally turn it into a checklist! There are 20 popular beaches on the island. We have visited five of them. That leaves only fifteen! Here's the list. I will write "Check" next to the ones we've already been to.

1. Iho Beach                   Check
2. Gwakji Beach             Check
3. Geumneung Beach
4. Hwasun Beach
5. Jungmun Beach           Check
6. Hahyo Beach
7. Hyeopjae Beach         Check
8. Pyoseon Beach
9. Sanhosa Beach
10. Hado Beach
11. Dimnyeong Beach
12. Ham Deok Beach     Check
13. Samyang Beach

Okay, so it turns out that the article didn't really have all the numbers from 1 to 20. I just saw that the first number was one and the last one was twenty and assumed that there were twenty of them. I guess that I have seen, once again, what happens when I assume. Anyway, thirteen beaches is a much more attainable goal. Especially since some of these are kind of remote. Sanhosa is on a small island off the east coast of Jeju-do, and Hado is on the far east side of the island. But, I'm sure we can manage. At any rate, that's about all I've got for this post. I think that mostly I just wanted to let anyone who reads this blog (I guess there are a few of you, since we've made it to almost a thousand page views in just a month) that we really are living in a pretty awesome place right now. I mean, 13 popular beaches and who knows how many not so popular ones? Yeah. At any rate, that really is all. This is Captain Danger out.

No comments:

Post a Comment