Monday, July 15, 2013

In Which I Do Things By Myself

Just so everyone knows, I totally went to the mandu (dumpling) restaurant and to Krispy Kreme (yeah, we have that, it's awesome) by myself tonight. I know, right? I totally went out and used broken English to convey what I want. Actually, when the lady at the mandu shop confirmed that I wanted four gogi (pork) mandu, I actually replied, "Si." Great work, there, Cliff. She figured it out, anyway. I even know that "Nay" is Korean for yes! My brain is just hard-wired to default to Spanish when I think I need a foreign language. So, I just wanted to say, that I can totally do things by myself here sometimes. At any rate, that's everything I've got for the moment. This is Captain Danger out.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! When learning a language, your brain automatically activates the part it used to learn the last language that you learned. So when I was in the MTC I kept saying things in Arabic, and now when I was doing German everything came out Portuguese! You'll get it I'm sure =]

    ReplyDelete