Tuesday, August 20, 2013

In Which I Lose Surprising Amounts of Weight

So I stepped on the scale again this morning. Nancy won't let me do it every day, she say's that's not healthy or something. Anyway, I stepped on it this morning. I weighed 101.8 kilograms! That's only 224 pounds! Before we left I generally weighed between 245 and 250, and up to 255 on a fat day. I've managed to lose like 25 pounds since we got here! I'm not sure how this happened. I mean, I'm not eating particularly healthy. For one thing, we get ice cream at the convenience store like three days a week. At least. I also generally eat most of a package of my-chews (they're like hi-chews, they're delicious) like every two days. So, I'm surprised that I keep losing weight, considering all they sugar we've been eating. I guess I can attribute it to a few things:
1. We generally eat smaller meals here. That's just how it turns out. It's always enough, it's just smaller than what we had at home.
2. If we are going to go anywhere, we pretty much have to walk or ride our bikes. I'll bet that contributes a lot.
3. We are going running probably about three days a week usually. Plus, I think running here is a better workout, because I sweat a LOT more.
4. I could be general water weight, since I'm rarely fully hydrated these days. Too much sweating. I'm hoping that won't be as big of a problem in the winter.

Anyway, so there's that. I'm not complaining. I'm actually quite pleased. I definitely feel a lot better lately, and I have more energy than I used to (though I've never been a particularly lethargic person). I don't think I really look any skinnier, or that my gut is any smaller, though. It makes me wonder where I'm losing it. Having a smaller gut would be awesome, though, because then I'll be able to fit through skinnier canyons when we get back to Utah.

In other news, I woke up early (5:45 am) on accident this morning. I mean, just the usual having to go to the bathroom. On my way back to bed, I made a half-awake decision to go and look outside. Not a mistake. The sunrise looked beautiful! It was lighting up these cool clouds just right, and it was awesome. I made a more awake decision to take some pictures, and then I went back to bed. Here are some pictures:




Yeah, we really live in a beautiful place. Granted, you could see this almost anywhere a lot of the time (and maybe not have to be up at 5:45 either), but the fact remains that we live in a really beautiful place. That being said, I make an end for this post. This is Captain Danger out.

No comments:

Post a Comment