Sunday, August 25, 2013

In Which I Feel Like Writing

Well, we had a fairly quiet weekend this week. I wanted to go canyoneering, but the weather forecast was not favorable, and from what I understand, flash flood danger is much higher here than it generally is back in Utah. We were also thinking about going to Hallim Park (it's a big tourist destination on the island that we want to check out) but then we found out that there would be a baptism in our branch and we decided to go to that instead. So, we went for a good run. I decided we should push ourselves a bit and we ran up a pretty steep hill for a while. There was a sign, but we weren't sure what it said. When we got back, Nancy figured out that we probably ran into a military restricted zone. Oops. In our defense, the sign was only in Korean, (well, except for that part that said "WARING" in English) and Nancy said that the wording wasn't very clear. I mean, they could have just said, "No Entry," and she would have understood. They didn't, though. It was a good run, though. I worked pretty hard. We've been consistently going at least three days a week. I didn't step on the scale this morning, but I have a strong hope that I'm still losing weight.

The baptism at the church was fun. It was a teenager getting baptized, and it was a nice service. After the baptism they had treats. They had a little kid (like the cutest child in the branch) say the prayer (I'll admit, it was super cute) and after he said amen and everyone else said amen, everyone said, "Aaaawwwww!" Pretty funny. They had a cake, among other things. I don't know if I've pointed it out on this blog before, but I think it's both awesome and kind of hilarious that the Korean word for cake is "cay-eek-uh." So, that was a pretty good time.

In other, unrelated news, there is a huge spider quite near a location that we pass on a regular basis. The actual location will remain a secret, because if Nancy knows were it is she'll probably freak out. She'll probably freak out anyway. I can tell you, that's something that I will not miss when we move away from here. The bugs over here get way too big. How big is this spider you ask? Well, let's just say that it's big enough that I wish that I was allowed to have a bb gun so that I could shoot it. And it would not be a very difficult shot. Though I will grant that that's not saying a lot, because I'm a pretty awesome shot with a bb gun. However, in this case I mean that the spider is freaking huge.

At any rate, I think that's all I have to say at the moment. We're still having fun over here. Have I mentioned lately that our job is super easy? It is. At any rate, that really is all I have. This is Captain Danger out.

No comments:

Post a Comment