Monday, November 25, 2013

In Which We Have a Fantastic Meal

So, you may remember how almost a month ago we went trick or treating with like 40 Korean kindergartners. The condition for that was that our school's director promised to take us to Vips, a restaurant with steak and a western-style buffet. We would go ourselves, but the cheapest steak is like 40 dollars, so no. But we were happy to go when our director was paying for it. It. Was. AWESOME! I think it may have been the best steak I've ever had. Not that that's saying a lot, because I've never gone out and paid a lot for a good steak in the US, but still, it was awesome! However, I will say that it's a bit ironic that I've had my best steak ever in Korea, the place where they generally think that a hamburger patty is a steak. Seriously. That's what they sell at Outback here. Anyway, that was cool. Plus, if you ordered a steak, you also got unlimited salad bar, and they had cheesecake! I'm pretty sure I ate more than half of a cheesecake, but you have to load up on that stuff when you can, because it's a bit hard to come by here.

In other news, we saw Catching Fire the other day. It was pretty good. Korean subtitles are only slightly distracting because I'm far too slow of a Korean reader to catch up. It was nice to go and watch something on the big screen and have it be in English.

In other other news, I was running across the street yesterday after church to see if there was a bus that we could take home coming to the stop on the other side and when I got to the sidewalk, I heard a couple teenage girls behind me giggle and then they said, "Handsome!" I said thank you and continued on my way. It was just kind of funny. I think a lot of Koreans think that foreigners in general are handsome/beautiful, but I'm not sure. Nice to know that if that is true, the sentiment extends to me.

At any rate, that's all the stories I have for the moment. We're still waiting on that post about going up to the mainland from Nancy. I'm sure she'll get to it soon. In the mean time, this is Captain Danger out.

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful post! Haha! Steak and Cliff is handsome? Nice.

    ReplyDelete