Wednesday, October 30, 2013

In Which Something Looms on the Horizon

Actually, there are a few things looming on the horizon. Most notable among them is our school's Halloween party tomorrow. We volunteered to go trick-or-treating with the kindergartners in the morning, on the promise that our boss would take us out for steak. That (trick or treating) has the potential to either be fun or else be a huge headache. Probably a headache, because the kindergartners are going to be really wound up and excited. But, we'll see. After that, I think they said we'd be carving pumpkins. And, it might be just me, but that sounds absolutely terrifying. If they give knives to those kids, we'll have to watch them like hawks with binoculars on meth, not because they'll stab each other, but because most of them have a tendency to really not pay attention to what they're doing. So, that's that. We'll try to remember our camera and make a blog post about it. It has potential to be, if nothing else, ridiculously cute.

Another thing looming on the horizon is winter vacation and our trip to China! We filled out our visa applications this evening and we'll be taking them to the travel agency on Friday so we can get the process started. We're going to Xi'an (where they have the Terracotta warriors) for two days, and then to Beijing for like five days! I'll tell you what, guys, if I had a bucket list, I would really be checking things off of it on this trip. As it is, it's just going to be awesome. At any rate, this is really just kind of a fluff post that I felt like writing. I'll end it with the usual picture of me and Nancy and call it good.


This is Captain Danger out.

4 comments:

  1. So exciting!!! I'm glad you're taking advantage of where you're living and seeing everything you can! I want to go to China someday. I expect full details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so awesome! Glad you are traveling around Asia a lot. Can't wait to follow in your footsteps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Korea celebrates Halloween? or is it just because you're teaching English?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Korea celebrates Halloween? Or is it just because you're teaching English?

    ReplyDelete